Do You Have a Personal Real Estate Agent?
If you’re planning on buying a home, you may have already done some shopping around on your own. Like viewing listings on the big consumer sites and visiting open houses. When it’s time to get serious about making that dream house your home, it’s time to get your own representation. Not the seller’s agent, and not an agent so overwhelmed by website “leads” that they can’t give you the personal attention you deserve. You need an agent who takes their fiduciary duty to you seriously. An agent like me!
Your Real Estate Agent Works for You
A real estate agent, especially one who knows the local market well (like I do), can help you find and buy your ideal home, quickly, and make the entire process go smoothly for you. During a viewing, your real estate agent will give you the inside scoop on that property, so you know the full story. Your real estate agent will also point out desirable features, and most importantly, potential “red flags”, that you might otherwise miss.
When it comes time to make an offer, your real estate agent will present and negotiate on your behalf. If you don’t have your own real estate agent, you would have to deal directly with the seller’s agent, who is legally obliged to work in the seller’s best interests – not yours.
Bottom line: Your own personal real estate agent is there for you, every step of the way. That’s how I work with my clients.
What to Look for in a Real Estate Agent
When buying a home, you want a real estate agent who…
- Takes the time to understand your needs and goals, so you have a true partner in your home buying journey.
- Explains everything clearly and answers your questions, so you’re never in the dark.
- Has expertise and a track record of success in the local market.
- Knows how to identify great properties in your price range.
- Will advise you on the best price to offer for the home you want.
- Will work with you to structure a strategic and compelling offer that gets accepted.
- Will connect you to a winning team – respected lenders, reputable home inspectors, movers, and other professionals you may need.
My client feedback tells me that I’m a great choice for you when you’re looking for a personal advisor in East Bay Area real estate.
The best way to select the right real estate agent, is to meet with him or her in person. Ask questions. See if there is a good fit.
To schedule an appointment with me, please call, text, or email. If it’s more convenient for you, submit the form below and I’ll get back to you.